Give me some practical suggestions for the selection of a husband. I sure want to get it right and don’t think I should depend just on looks or personality. What are the factors I should consider before saying “I do”?
- Lack Of Trust For Each Other
Trust is a major ingredient in any relationship. You cannot really love as expected in a romantic relationship if you do not trust your partner. If you believe they can lie to you in anyway, you may find it difficult to believe when he or she tells you “I love you.” Continue reading
“My relationship is a little over two years old but we got engaged late last year. We planned to get married in December. I didn’t know God when we met but she was born again and active in her church. Continue reading
Courtship: The activities that occur when people are developing a romantic relationship that could lead to marriage.
- Avoid co-habiting. Living together before the wedding does not only spoils the fun of the relationship but it is an offense against God because it encourages living in sin.
- Build a healthy communication. This will help form a solid foundation for your marriage. Marriage is about communicating love, affection, security, needs etc. Communication is not only with words but gestures. Continue reading
*Same link to purchase and review
(excerpt from the book) There are certain issues an adult might exhibit if he/she has was abused as a child and yet to open the door for healing
- Uses drugs and alcohol to suppress the hurts and memory. It’s only temporal and the effect of drugs, alcohol mix with psychological trauma is more damaging.
- Low self-esteem; the belief that everyone else is better or the acceptance that they do not deserve anything good.
- There is tendency to be in an abusive relationship. An abused person is often in search of love because they believe that if they feel loved it would take care of the past experience. Most of the time they end of in the wrong relationship not even knowing what to look out for in an ideal partner.
- Hatred for the opposite sex
- Lack of trust for anyone especially for the opposite sex
- Self-hatred; a victim never sees anything good in themselves nor think they deserve anything good. They just exist with no intention to becoming anything good in life.
- Suicidal signal. Some prefer to die than live with the thought that the person who hurt them is still alive and perhaps happier than them.
Babe, you are having a very beautiful relationship except that every now and then some little misunderstanding creeps in that spoils the fun. This ushers in your prolong ‘silent punishment’, you are not breaking the relationship but you just want to ‘show’ him how to treat a woman. Continue reading
We often expect to get the best from people even when we may not have same to offer or willing to offer if we have. When we think about the one we want to spend the rest of our lives with, we often have a picture of a ‘perfect’ person. Continue reading
Disappointment happens and sometimes no matter how hard we try to avoid it, we just can’t. We however have the choice to remain disappointed, learn a lesson from the experience and move on with life. It’s not this easy when it’s a failed relationship especially Continue reading
“I am in a relationship with three great ladies who all seem to suit my specifications for serious commitment but I am confused who to choose. How can I really know the right woman for me?”
- Living with a man who she is not wedded or properly married to. Co-habitation is different from living together as husband and wife in a HOME. Continue reading