In ten years of marriage counseling, I’ve noticed certain problems that tend to be present in almost every marriage that is either in trouble or headed for trouble. Here are some tips that if sincerely followed, would eliminate many of those problems and make your marriage more successful and your faith stronger. Some are practical and some are spiritual. I hope they will all be valuable. Continue reading
Give me some practical suggestions for the selection of a husband. I sure want to get it right and don’t think I should depend just on looks or personality. What are the factors I should consider before saying “I do”?
Take a pen and sheet and answer YES or NO to these questions to find out. Ensure to understand the question before you answer.
- Do you believe God expects you to put others before yourself? Continue reading
Love versus lust. It’s a topic that’s been discussed time and time again. Many people find themselves trying to understand the difference between the two, because it can often seem and feel unclear.
Everyone deserves to be in a safe and healthy relationship. Do you know if your relationship is healthy? Answer YES or NO to the following questions to find out. Make sure to write down your responses. At the end, you’ll find out how to score your answers.
The Person I’m With
- Is very supportive of things I do.
- Encourages me to try new things. Continue reading
If I unleash my romantic venom
You will be swept away
Like being driven by an hurricane
It would me hurricane-Me
There would be nothing left standing
Just me Continue reading
“My relationship is a little over two years old but we got engaged late last year. We planned to get married in December. I didn’t know God when we met but she was born again and active in her church. Continue reading
Courtship: The activities that occur when people are developing a romantic relationship that could lead to marriage.
- Avoid co-habiting. Living together before the wedding does not only spoils the fun of the relationship but it is an offense against God because it encourages living in sin.
- Build a healthy communication. This will help form a solid foundation for your marriage. Marriage is about communicating love, affection, security, needs etc. Communication is not only with words but gestures. Continue reading
*Same link to purchase and review
(excerpt from the book) There are certain issues an adult might exhibit if he/she has was abused as a child and yet to open the door for healing
- Uses drugs and alcohol to suppress the hurts and memory. It’s only temporal and the effect of drugs, alcohol mix with psychological trauma is more damaging.
- Low self-esteem; the belief that everyone else is better or the acceptance that they do not deserve anything good.
- There is tendency to be in an abusive relationship. An abused person is often in search of love because they believe that if they feel loved it would take care of the past experience. Most of the time they end of in the wrong relationship not even knowing what to look out for in an ideal partner.
- Hatred for the opposite sex
- Lack of trust for anyone especially for the opposite sex
- Self-hatred; a victim never sees anything good in themselves nor think they deserve anything good. They just exist with no intention to becoming anything good in life.
- Suicidal signal. Some prefer to die than live with the thought that the person who hurt them is still alive and perhaps happier than them.